Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Healthy Snacks for the Athlete

Finding something that's quick, easy, AND healthy is a challenge for most moms. What do I feed them in between tournament games? What can I send in her backpack so she has a healthy snack after school before a volleyball match? My girls aren't big sandwich eaters, hate granola bars, and detest every power and energy bar they've tried. Recently, a health coach suggested Physique Cookies. They come in a variety of flavors and are packed with things that you actually want your child to be eating! One cookie is comparable to eating a cup of instant oatmeal, 2 cups of lowfat milk, and a banana!

Check them out here - you won't be sorry! Vanilla Chip Oatmeal Cookies

My girls LOVE them! And anything that makes my life easier is a good thing.

Health-n-Sport is also a great place to get your vitamins and supplements. The owner is a fantastic resource, so if you have a question, be sure to ask!

No comments: