Thursday, March 15, 2007

Stinky Shinguards

This is actually a user-name on the Big Soccer forums and I just cracked up when I read it. So, for all of you soccer moms and dads, I have a tip that will spare you when cracking the windows in the car just won't do! Dryer sheets. Bounce, Gain, generic...it doesn't matter. Stuff them in cleats. In shin guards. In sneakers. I also keep a container of baby wipes for quick clean-ups.

Febreze works great in the washer, but can't say the same about the spray stuff. Others swear by white vinegar. This Hockey Dad Blog even has a recipe for an "all-natural" approach to deodorizing gear.

Here's another tip: put your shin guards in zip lock bag and put them in the freezer. The cold will kill the odor causing bacteria. Hmmm...wonder if I have room for three pairs of sneakers and two pairs of cleats in my freezer.

No comments: